It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Bethany coach
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:53 am 
Freshman

Just read on the Bethany website that Cruce had resigned. Does anyone know the reason why?

Post subject: Re: Bethany coach
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:30 pm 
NAIA Legend

jdsmith wrote:
Just read on the Bethany website that Cruce had resigned. Does anyone know the reason why?

Probably due to comments by his players in the Sports Illustrated article. If Tabor and McPherson had any morals they would ask their staffs to resign as well.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:56 am 
NAIA MVP

All bow to the troll-king the most hideous of off-season creatures.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:36 am 
NAIA MVP

.......he resigned because he didn't win enough to meet expectations. I'm not surprised.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:49 pm 
NAIA MVP

predictionking wrote:
jdsmith wrote:

Probably due to comments by his players in the Sports Illustrated article. If Tabor and McPherson had any morals they would ask their staffs to resign as well.

Last I checked coaches aren't 24 hour babysitters...maybe they are in Pioneerland but here it seems people are expected to be held accountable for their own actions...Kinda like making sure our stadium is ready to go for the season. Maybe that's why the KCAC/HACK games are being played in the KCAC this year... :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:07 pm 
NAIA Legend

MACdogfan wrote:
predictionking wrote:
jdsmith wrote:

Last I checked coaches aren't 24 hour babysitters...maybe they are in Pioneerland but here it seems people are expected to be held accountable for their own actions...Kinda like making sure our stadium is ready to go for the season. Maybe that's why the KCAC/HACK games are being played in the KCAC this year... :D

Actually at McPherson, the Coaches are the ones starting the fights with women while drinking with the players at the bar. I totally understand how its impossible for school officials to babysit the players AND the coaches.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:47 pm 
Redshirt Freshman

What gripe do you have against the Tabor and McPherson coaching staffs, especially the Mac staff. As far as I know, they had a totally new staff this past season. Not one of this staff was hired by signing day to recruit the 2012 roster. Also, enlighten everyone on the "drinking with the players at bars and getting in fights with women". I've not heard that before and I do hear things. This was a tough season for alot of people because of the Brown situation. Until you get to know the coaches personnally and know first hand what you are talking about and know the character of the coaching staffs maybe you should back off a little and look for something good to share. After all, you don't personnally know either head coach nor anybody on these staffs so how can you talk about these issues.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:54 am 
NAIA Legend

gocats wrote:
What gripe do you have against the Tabor and McPherson coaching staffs, especially the Mac staff. As far as I know, they had a totally new staff this past season. Not one of this staff was hired by signing day to recruit the 2012 roster. Also, enlighten everyone on the "drinking with the players at bars and getting in fights with women". I've not heard that before and I do hear things. This was a tough season for alot of people because of the Brown situation. Until you get to know the coaches personnally and know first hand what you are talking about and know the character of the coaching staffs maybe you should back off a little and look for something good to share. After all, you don't personnally know either head coach nor anybody on these staffs so how can you talk about these issues.

Did you not read the article? Are you kidding me?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:35 pm 
NAIA MVP

P'king, nice to see that you have come out of hiding.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:41 pm 
NAIA MVP

article = truth...........in pk's world............

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:01 pm 
First Year Starter

:good-post
As long as it cast that awful excuse of an athletic conference, the KCAC, in a less than stellar position. Were it reversed and casting his beloved in such a light, he may have a different opinion. Or at least stay over on his board defending their honor. We can hope.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:45 am 
Redshirt Freshman

midkansasonline.com/news/?id=426 This is an article written at the end of the season that shows the direction that the McPherson Football program is headed. First, the bar fight involving an assistant coach and some players was in 2009, that was two staffs ago. I'm not sure this shows that the school has no morals and should drop football. Secondly, the Brandon Brown death was a terrible thing and affected many people, but it's time to move on. Let these kids, coaches, families and schools heal. Maybe McPherson will become a great football program or maybe not, but that is their goal. Only time will tell. I still think Coach Sterbick and his very young staff are doing alot of things right. It sounds like they are asking much from their players both on and off the field. I think it will show positive results in years to come.

"It's not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:32 pm 
NAIA MVP

Funny (or sad take your pick) how PK just said at the beginning of the season that Sterbick was a great hire.
Now he says the school should send them packing over a situation that happened two coaches ago and that they are apparently responsible for the "thugs" that were kicked off the team before the season started.

Well maybe they can do some community service and help rebuild that craphole you call a stadium...give em a call.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:49 pm 
Freshman

Now that you have run the Tabor and McPherson program through the mud :( Does anyone know where Bethany is going from here on in the process of Hiring a new football coach.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:52 pm 
NAIA Legend

MACdogfan wrote:
Funny (or sad take your pick) how PK just said at the beginning of the season that Sterbick was a great hire.
Now he says the school should send them packing over a situation that happened two coaches ago and that they are apparently responsible for the "thugs" that were kicked off the team before the season started.

Well maybe they can do some community service and help rebuild that craphole you call a stadium...give em a call.

Well, his players did commit murder under his watch. The whole athletic department should be fired.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:45 pm 
Freshman

predictionking wrote:
MACdogfan wrote:

Well, his players did commit murder under his watch. The whole athletic department should be fired.

:thumbsdown

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:53 pm 
NAIA MVP

predictionking wrote:
MACdogfan wrote:

:pffft You just hit POS status...like you weren't there already.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:08 pm 
First Year Starter

predictionking wrote:
MACdogfan wrote:

You dunce! There is a little thing called due process.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:02 pm 
Special Teamer

Actually, Sterbick kicked them off the team before they even stepped on the field for him. Therefore concluding that they were under the previous coach's/staff's watch. The hole keeps getting deeper and deeper. Why should the whole athletic department be fired again? Because they were supposed to be babysitting everyone?

"atborth is the master of NAIA knowledge, and I know now not to question him."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:50 am 
NAIA Legend

" Bethany Coach "

There is a grand total of TWO posts here relating to the Bethany coach.

Does anyone know who they are considering? Is Dustin Miller in the running for HC? I would think they would want to get someone in place ASAP.