It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Evangel at MNU
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:20 pm 
NAIA Legend

Should be a great battle at Cook Center tonight. I'm bummed I won't be able to be there live... have an obligation at my church tonight. Hoping to at least get home in time to hear the last few minutes of the game online. Go Pioneers!

Fear the Neer'!

Post subject: Re: Evangel at MNU
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:55 pm 
Special Teamer

From what I've listened while switching between that and the CMU game, MNU is handling Evangel pretty good.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:23 am 
NAIA MVP

Great first half. Then Dowd took over the opening minutes of the second half and blew the game open.

It's actually worth watching. Watch from the 59-minute mark until the 64-minute mark: http://www.mnusports.com/showcase/#Archive/435

And Cotten had 0 points and 2 rebounds in 23 minutes. Bizarre.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:23 am 
NAIA Legend

Wow, what an effort by the Pioneers! Just watched that stretch by Dowd... so good! THUNDER DOWD!

Fear the Neer'!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:16 am 
NAIA Legend

MNU looked like a whole new team last night. Their intensity level was as good as I've seen it since the first Rogers State game.

Their defense was tremendous and that was the key to the game. Luke Thomas might have played his best game as a Pioneer. He had 11 points and 13 rebounds, but his defense was ratcheted up and he made Cotten look like a girl with a bad 13 year-old girl haircut.

I hate mention a guy's haircut.... But somebody needs to tell Cotten his hair looks like a prepubescent girl's hair on her way to a Bieber concert. Luke Thomas made Cotten wish he was seeing the Biebs.

Thomas also had a dunk on along the baseline where he took a pass at the 3 point line, made a cut, and drove the baseline before finishing with a powerful 2 handed dunk. He played with that kind of authority all night long. He was fun to watch last night.

Connor Langrehr was the other key for MNU on the offensive end. When Connor scores 10 or more points, MNU is 15-1. When he scores less than double figures, MNU is 0-4. Connor had 9 points in the first 7 minutes of the game. When he gets it going, the Pioneers are tough to stop.

MNU will need to continue this level of intensity on Saturday. Even though Culver has lost 3 straight, I'm betting they will be fired up on Saturday. If MNU keeps playing defense like they did last night, they will be tough to beat. D it up.... Play defense like you just lost your fake girlfriend!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:01 am 
President of Food Talk

[youtube]http://youtu.be/Vv2l9t4FXoM[/youtube]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:03 am 
NAIA MVP

The 87:40 mark - PK and myself enjoying a moment at the table at the bottom of the screen. Weigel's attempt at an exclamation point goes for naught: http://www.mnusports.com/showcase/#Archive/435

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:09 am 
President of Food Talk

I love the fact video is available, but it takes forever to load and when it finally does, it's really choppy. Not to mention there's no way to scroll forward to the minute marker you indicated. Oh well.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:33 am 
NAIA MVP

Works fine for me on my crappy home DSL internet...it's a fuzzy picture, but it works fine and there's a scroll bar if you mouse over the action.

I do wish that it indicated where you were scrolling to while you're scrolling. I'll suggest that today. They keep evolving that program.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:55 pm 
NAIA Legend

Hull wrote:
I love the fact video is available, but it takes forever to load and when it finally does, it's really choppy. Not to mention there's no way to scroll forward to the minute marker you indicated. Oh well.

You may need to investigate your computer or Internet connection Hull. It works fine for me at home. I can also fast forward or rewind.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:10 pm 
President of Food Talk

predictionking wrote:
Hull wrote:

You may need to investigate your computer or Internet connection Hull. It works fine for me at home. I can also fast forward or rewind.

I would think the internet connection at my company would be speedy enough. I guess not.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:18 pm 
NAIA Legend

Twitter: teamvsn
Facebook: vsn.naia
It's well known among IT people that any bandwidth available will be consumed, regardless what the specs are. Meaning, if you've got a ton of bandwidth workers will find a way to use it (video, music, etc.). So a lower bandwidth connection that's well managed could be much better than a high bandwidth connection that isn't. When in doubt, go to http://www.speedtest.net to find out how good your connection is at any given time.

My well managed "5 down, 1 up" connection plays this video very well.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:10 pm 
NAIA MVP

They have taken my suggestion and will probably fix the scrolling thing I mentioned.

5 down 1 up should be fine. At my home DSL, I get 5 down and 0.6 up...which is really annoying when it takes 4 hours to upload a 3-minute HD youtube clip.

At MNU we get like 20 down and 30 up...awesome.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:28 am 
NAIA Legend

Hull wrote:

It may be something as simple as the device you're using at work doesn't have the latest updates available. Its almost impossible for IT departments to always keep up with every computer in large offices.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:18 pm 
President of Food Talk

predictionking wrote:
Hull wrote:

It may be something as simple as the device you're using at work doesn't have the latest updates available. Its almost impossible for IT departments to always keep up with every computer in large offices.

Possibly. I just find it odd since YouTube and espn and other media play without any problem.