It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: The best conference rivalry in the RRAC?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:20 pm 
NAIA Starter

Okay,

Conference play is in full swing. What is the best rivalry in the Red River?

I want to get nominations for best rivalry, collect them and make a poll for each conference.

If you have a nomination please list it on this post. I would love to hear your evidence, stories, and examples why this is the best rivalries. What goes on with the fans, alums, and school that makes it the best.

Bender

Post subject: Re: The best conference rivalry in the RRAC?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:12 pm 
NAIA MVP

Based on competitiveness and the teams usually fighting for conference titles:
LSUS-TWU. Had some good games before LSUS joined the RRAC
LSUS-OLLU. Some tough games played btwn these two.

LSUS and Wiley always have tight games and are less than a hour apart.
Texas College and Jarvis are pretty close to one another. not now, how is that series?

At SAGU's best, their VERY best, they could not beat LSUS.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:12 am 
Freshman

texas college vs wiley .... wiley's president now came from TC.... wiley's head coach now ,also use to be head coach at TC....wiley"s assistant coach was an all american player at tc. Tc head coach now played and graduated from TC , but was the assistant coach at wiley college before becoming head coach at TC... wiley's assistant coach and TC assistant coach went to school together at TC and are the best of friends..... so yeah i would say that would be the best RRAC rivalry from that alone :lol: oh yeah and all the games they play are packed houses no matter what gym it's held in

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:36 pm 
NAIA MVP

This year doesn't count cause, well the Rams are 8th or 9th or somewhere e near the bottom and we were swept by SAUG, yes SAGU and even the Cheatin Steers. I am not going to count this year because it sucks.

Over the last 5 or 6 seasons it has been LSUS-TWU. There is no debate or question. It is a national game every time. That is a rivalry. The RRAC version of LSU-Alabama- again a NATIONAL GAME.

Wiley-TC ? that is usually a battle for 10th in the league. Sort of like New Mexico State playing SFA- who cares. WC-TC is Probably a great rivalry, but outside of Wiley-TC it really doesn't matter even though the Wiley cafeteria worker is best friends with the TC President's accountants hairdresser's wife and both went to Jarvis.

The TWU-OLLU games have been good as have the OLLU-LSUS games.

Rivalries count on a national stage and sorry the boys at TC have NEVER, NEVER, NEVER even sniffed that, so until then enjoy your rivalry game with Wiley cause it doesn't matter to anyone outside there.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:09 am 
Freshman

lol i know what we have sniffed this year !!!!thats sweeping TWU for the first time in school history ....i dont think you are taking this recent losing well lol.. to bad it's not a rivalry this year between TWU vs LSUS because you guys stink so bad ......GET A WIN :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:31 am 
NAIA MVP

tommygunn wrote:
WC-TC is Probably a great rivalry, but outside of Wiley-TC it really doesn't matter even though the Wiley cafeteria worker is best friends with the TC President's accountants hairdresser's wife and both went to Jarvis.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:42 am 
NAIA MVP

who dat wrote:
tommygunn wrote:
WC-TC is Probably a great rivalry, but outside of Wiley-TC it really doesn't matter even though the Wiley cafeteria worker is best friends with the TC President's accountants hairdresser's wife and both went to Jarvis.

I keep reading this over and over and I can't stop laughing. That might be the best line of any post ever on this board.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:42 am 
Freshman

im happy to see the tommy still has a since of humor after taking 5 straight loses in a row..Now Yall see what happens when the coach cant manipulate the refs anymore :duh

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:46 am 
NAIA MVP

Twitter: 9outof10agree
Sorry a little late on this one, in Vegas for the weekend.

Best Rivalries.

Carolina vs Duke, uh, I mean TWU vs LSUS is a pretty good one. They are even 8-8 all-time.

OLLU hasn't been around long, but we have been around long enough to get under the skin some folks, Namely TWU, and LSUS. Broke TWU's conference winning streak our first year in the NAIA. And gave LSUS their first losses two years in a row. Coach McDowell's father told me he really like watching OLLU play.

OLLU vs Texas College, and SAGU have turned into a nice little rivalries too. You can really feel the dislike in the voices of the SAGU announcers when they play us.

Gotta go, their is a TWU vs LSUS marathon on ESPN Classic.

Your too funny tommy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:49 am 
NAIA MVP

tommygunn wrote:
Over the last 5 or 6 seasons it has been LSUS-TWU. There is no debate or question. It is a national game every time. That is a rivalry. The RRAC version of LSU-Alabama- again a NATIONAL GAME.

Can't wait to see the ESPN 30 for 30: "TWU vs LSU-Shreveport, The Games That God Watches"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:06 pm 
NAIA MVP

maybe God does watch ? maybe he is at the Wiley-TC game because of the hairdresser's best friends mom's auntie's choir leader's neighbors friend who knew someone who lived next door to a kid whose dad knew someone who attended Jarvis but had actually once biked past the home of one of the officials who knew the guy who worked at 7-11 that the Cheatin Steers power forward bought his Malt Liquor at just after the Wiley game. Just spit balling there ?

We got swept by the Cheatin Steers. Thats hard to even think about and worse to admit. I just threw up a little. If history proves anything you can count on the Cheatin Steers to have most of their team ineligibe and maybe we get a win or two back. Its not proud to say, but at this point its all we have. Hey cheatin steers- got any Kansas City T Shirts ? Didnt think so.

TWU-LSUS has been the best rivalry over the long run the league has had and NAIAESPN should run them. OLL has gotten under their skin and LSUS and deserves their place at the table. We had our table taken from us and broken over our heads and now we eat with the Bacone's and Northwoods of the world out behind the house. When you get swept by SAGU, the Cheatin Steers, and probably ST Thomas its time to plan ahead to spring training for the Astros. I could always check what the Cheatin Steers do for spring break I guess. They seem to NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER have had anywhere north to go.

That is what I am left with - we suck, so I make fun of the Cheatin Steer guy who probably doesn't understand what I am saying because most of the words are spelled correctly.

Damn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:01 am 
Freshman

tommy you have to much time on your hands to be explaining how terrible TWU team is...So im done with you LOSER ....Y'ALL LOST AGAIN TONIGHT SHEESH!!!!! Texas College wins another BIG game defeating ollu by 24points my steers playing good ball....next stop LSUS. WHO DAT HERE WE COME :redeye

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:15 am 
NAIA MVP

I can't explain how bad the Rams are this year. I am shocked, saddened and disappointed. How many game have we lost 7 or 8 ? I don't know. I do know we have the Paul Quinn, SW and Bacone coming up at home, so hopefully we can get those teams, but I just don't know.

I haven't tried to explain it Notnow, but you may have not understood that because again some of the words were spelled correctly and a bit longer than you are used to. Not Now, as in 'Are you going to class' - not now :lol:

Since I can't do what Ram fans have done to you for years and point at the standings this year I will point out the conference titles, national championship, national tournament births, that the Cheatin Steers will never have .

I will eat the crap that goes with being a 9th place team in the RR and know that WE NEVER HAVE TO GO TO THAT SINKHOLE THAT TC CALLS A GYM EVER AGAIN. That is better than nothing.

Damn this sucks.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:29 pm 
NAIA MVP

not now wrote:
Texas College wins another BIG game defeating ollu by 24points

WOW!!

Got to say, that score impressed me. Mike, you may need to talk Coach Me Me Me off the ledge. Was anybody keeping a count on how many time he struck one of his players last night??? Nevermind, I forgot the game was at TC. Whoever was in charge of watching Me Me Me probably couldn't get a good look around those steel beams. Has it been mentioned here that "the Gus" is a dump?? I don't remember.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:34 am 
Freshman

lol at who dat...Being that you guys are terrified to come to the GUS that's what makes the GUS so special!!! Our rowdy fans are to close to the floor and you'll teams cant perform in a hostile enviroment... LSUS guys were so terrified last year that they brought there own state trooper to the GUS... SCARY CATS :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:37 am 
Freshman

and tommy dont talk nationals yall always get blasted first round ...lol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:02 am 
NAIA MVP

and while TWU is getting blasted in the first round of nationals the cheatin steers are hoopin it up in the Tyler Adult Rec league cause their season been over for a month !

so close, so far away.

Question: When will the Cheatin Steers be going to KC ?

Answer: Not Now

The Gus is a dump. Went a couple times. Never again.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:53 am 
NAIA MVP

Seniors don't seem to want to step up and be leaders and the effort from the past isn't there.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:11 am 
Freshman

tommy!!! this year we will be going to kansas city

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:02 am 
NAIA MVP

buy your tickets early cause the SWAGU wenches are going to purchase them in droves.