It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: GPAC Homestretch
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:06 am 
Special Teamer

Remaining games for the contenders:
NWC: MtMarty @ Doane @Dak Wesl Midland (3 tough ones to end the season)
Dordt: Dak Wesl @Conc Doane (2 tough ones at home, but a road game that should be won)
Doane: @Midlands NWE @Neb Wesl @Dordt (brutal, but have fate in their own hands)

8 Playoff spots are pretty much decided.
Northwestern has the luxury Dordt had last year; 2 games cushion, so they don't need to be perfect.
Dordt has the best remaining schedule. Having a week's rest before what may be a vital home match with Doane will help
Doane needs to win out & get a little help from Midlands/Dak Wesleyan, but 3 road games against the top of the league may be too much
Dak Wesleyan can really play the spoiler & motivated to get out of travelling to NWC or Dordt for the first round.
It's going to be a 4 way brawl to see who gets that final home game in the GPAC tourney.

May be watching multiple live feeds to catch some of these great games coming up!

Last edited by DCDad on Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: GPAC Homestretch
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:41 am 
First Year Starter

Should be good finish. I think Northwestern and Dordt are top two seeds. I think the worst NWC can finish is 16-4, so I think they are a lock for the top spot. I think Dordt finishes 15-5. After that it gets a little messy. Doane has a brutal finish coming up and have not played well at all except for the 2nd half against Hastings earlier this month. They have a must win at Midland on Wednesday if they want to get a top 4 seed in the conference, and a chance to get to the National Tournament. I think Hastings has a really good chance to get into the top 4 with the way their schedule finishes out. NWU, Mount Mary, and Concordia at home and Morningside on the road. 3 and 1 possibly a 4-0 finish is not out of the question.

My prediction to how it will look in two weeks:
1 NWC
8 MSIDE

4 Hastings
5 Briar Cliff

3 Doane
6 Midland

2 Dordt
7 DWU

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:59 pm 
All American

The tough remaining games for Doane makes me think the GPAC will only get 2 teams into the National Tourney. Which would be a shame as this has been one of the better years in the GPAC. Further, looking at Rock's predictions for the postseason it seems possible that all 4 lower seeds could win their games.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:30 am 
First Year Starter

After last night, I think GPAC only gets two in. The Doane loss at midland sealed there fate I think. Hastings had a slim chance, but have none now. Anybody else has to many losses. Unless somebody would go on a run in conference tournament. But you would probably have to win at Dordt and at northwestern which is a very hard thing to do.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:52 am 
Special Teamer

I hope you're wrong, but it wouldn't surprise me.
With the selection done on a national scale, it's hard to get the selection team to realize that 1. with the GPAC being a large conference that plays a hime & home schedule, we'll always tend to knock each off.
2. That larger conf schedule doesn't allow us to play 10+ non-conf games with many of them being against cupcakes that pad the win column.

What gives me hope is that Doane will have 20+ wins & the GPAC performed well in the opening round last year. A win Sat over NWC would go a long way too!
From what I saw last year, the GPAC's top 5-6 would be capable of winning a game in Branson.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:07 am 
Freshman

GPAC Tourney with 1 week to go - my guess

1 NWC hosts Dak Wes or Neb Wes
2 Dordt hosts BC
3 Midland Hosts Hastings
4 Doane hosts Morningside

1. NWC 17 -3
2. Dordt 15-5
3 Midland 12 - 8
4 - 6 Doane, Hastings, Morningside all with 11-9 records - this will be interesting (Doane holds head to head over MC) and if it ends up this way then (MC would hold head to head over Hastings) and (hastings and and Doane split). Not sure who gets 4 seed
7 BC 10-10