It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: So is everybody done recruiting?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:21 pm 
Special Teamer

Haven't seen any posts or articles for a while on here or in the paper. Of course our paper may not be the most reliable. Maybe I should just go check out each school's website.

Post subject: Re: So is everybody done recruiting?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:55 pm 
Special Teamer

Just to follow up on my original post. This is all I can come up with for each school after looking on their websites.

Northern - lists their whole class of 30 on their website. A lot of jucos.
Tech - At least 22 according to what I find on theirs.
Rocky - Only an article or two about one or two kids signed.
EOU - nothing I can find
Western - Nothing although I remember an article in the paper a while back listing some names.
SOU - They have a signing day social announcing their recruits. Article mentions around 20.
DSU - Found an article listing 15 signees.

Call me a recruiting junkie and curious to only read that Carroll has anounced just 16. But I also understand that there is a lot more going on behind the scenes and some schools are more relunctant than others to release names.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:37 pm 
Special Teamer

Bump this thread up. So are schools usually this tight lipped about recruiting this year?

At least spring football is here. Good to see the kids out on the practice field.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:53 pm 
Special Teamer

MtSaint wrote:
Just to follow up on my original post. This is all I can come up with for each school after looking on their websites.

EOU - nothing I can find
Western - Nothing although I remember an article in the paper a while back listing some names.
SOU - They have a signing day social announcing their recruits. Article mentions around 20.

Call me a recruiting junkie and curious to only read that Carroll has anounced just 16. But I also understand that there is a lot more going on behind the scenes and some schools are more relunctant than others to release names.

Spoke with MVD last night, and sounds like they have signed another 4-5 and working on a couple more. I saw a couple recruits running around the PE Center last night. I believe two are transfers and the rest are seniors coming out of high school. I'm guessing a press release will be in the Helena IR within the next few weeks.

By the way, if some did not know, Jarrod Wirt has left Carroll to take a D-Coordinator job. Wirt was MVD's very first recruit at Carroll, and has been the DBs coach since graduating. Good luck Jarrod.

It's a great day to be a SAINT!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:32 pm 
Special Teamer

Saint71 wrote:
MtSaint wrote:

EOU - nothing I can find

Spoke with MVD last night, and sounds like they have signed another 4-5 and working on a couple more. I saw a couple recruits running around the PE Center last night. I believe two are transfers and the rest are seniors coming out of high school. I'm guessing a press release will be in the Helena IR within the next few weeks.

By the way, if some did not know, Jarrod Wirt has left Carroll to take a D-Coordinator job. Wirt was MVD's very first recruit at Carroll, and has been the DBs coach since graduating. Good luck Jarrod.

Thanks for the info Saint71. Did not know that about Jarrod, good for him and I wish him well.

I suppose the recruiting season for the NAIA is different than that of the NCAA. NAIA schools can recruit well beyond signing day. I realize kids can sign beyond signing day for those who play in the NCAA, but it's more common in the NAIA.

It's a coincidence that you just made your post when you did because tonight, I bumped into coach who was hosting two kids and their fathers. They were having dinner and they were seated close to the door. When I walked in, coach recognized me and said hello. I understand a lot of people in general are down to earth, coaches included, but I appreciated his gesture to say hi. Being nosy myself, I chose to sit at a table close to them and tried to listen as much as I can, LOL. I would just love a lifetime pass to the recruiting meetings. I would just sit in the corner and not say a word while eating my popcorn.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:53 pm 
NAIA Legend

Down to earth really describes him. I'm glad he's back in stride, personally I have a feeling great things are about to happen concerning Carroll College football.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:08 pm 
NAIA Legend

Twitter: teamvsn
Facebook: vsn.naia
The original question may have been directed at Frontier schools, but I am still getting football recruiting press releases weekly if not daily. They usually don't make the home page, but you can track them all here:

http://www.victorysportsnetwork.com/Cli ... /page1.htm

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:40 pm 
NAIA Legend

HALO wrote:
Down to earth really describes him. I'm glad he's back in stride, personally I have a feeling great things are about to happen concerning Carroll College football.

I agree that we are about to prove last year was an aberration. Talked to some former players and it sounds like the off season weight lifting regime changed some this year. Also, current players I've talked to---the team motivation is off the chart using last year as motivation.

As far as late recruits, this seems normal. You can greyshirt/redshirt at X University or play for a national championship. We will get our fair share of those. Wish list--defensive secondary that can help against the new fangled passing attacks of the Frontier! Hope we get them; haven't seen them so far this year. Just sayin'.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:30 pm 
First Year Starter

Though they do not play until 2014, College of Idaho has officially signed 16, but media reports that they have signed nearly 30 for their "grayshirt" season. Heard their goal was 30 kids for 2013, but that they might have upwards of 60 - including some kids that were originally wanting to go to Carroll.

Hopefully this program can build a good rivalry with the SOU, EOU, Western's, Tech's and Carroll's

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:07 pm 
Special Teamer

gocubs wrote:
Though they do not play until 2014, College of Idaho has officially signed 16, but media reports that they have signed nearly 30 for their "grayshirt" season. Heard their goal was 30 kids for 2013, but that they might have upwards of 60 - including some kids that were originally wanting to go to Carroll.

Hopefully this program can build a good rivalry with the SOU, EOU, Western's, Tech's and Carroll's

Good news for CofI. Sounds like they off to a good start. With the addition of CofI, the stability of the conference gets stronger. But you have to wonder how many kids they will take away from the rest of the conference as far as recruiting goes. Just more competition for kids. The Frontier with the exception of Dickinson, recruits Idaho heavily. Maybe this is a reason why recruiting has been quiet for Carroll.