It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Quick Question for the group
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:32 am 
Special Teamer

When games are scheduled, do the teams typically sign a home and home two year deal? The reason I ask is Ambrose is playing Concordia MI in davenport. Does this mean that Ambrose will be playing at Concordia in 2014?

Post subject: Re: Quick Question for the group
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:57 pm 
First Year Starter

I'm not 100% sure so I could be wrong, however looking at the SXU schedule very very briefly, it looked like some of their cross over games with teams that were not a regional rival (USF (IL), ONU, Quincy) and even a couple of the non-conference seemed like a home and home agreement.

So I would assume that the Bees would be heading out to Ann Arbor at least for the following year to take on Concordia. Not a trip I would recommend making, as its a waste of time and gas unless you're from Michigan, can't get out to Davenport regularly, and/or the player(s) you cheer for do not get much playing time in typical games because your team should handle Concordia easily unless they have made some VAST improvements.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:15 pm 
Freshman

I don't know if there are just 1 year contracts or more. I do know that the Bees played AT St. Franny IN three of the last 4 years, and play at Willy P next season, for the second year in a row. I really didn't like making the trip to Fort Wayne 2 yrs in a row. Driving through or anywhere near Indy is HE_ _!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:31 am 
Special Teamer

OneGoal,

Thank you for the info. I figured it would be at least a 2 year engagement as Concordia is a probationary member of Mid States........(?)

The reason I am going is that I went to Ambrose and played football there and now I live in Michigan and don't get back for any games anymore.

Thanks for the info- I may have to double up and make the drive down to Franny in Fort (Fun) Wayne-

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:06 am 
First Year Starter

fightnbee wrote:
OneGoal,

Thank you for the info. I figured it would be at least a 2 year engagement as Concordia is a probationary member of Mid States........(?)

The reason I am going is that I went to Ambrose and played football there and now I live in Michigan and don't get back for any games anymore.

Thanks for the info- I may have to double up and make the drive down to Franny in Fort (Fun) Wayne-

Np. Not judging or anything just wanted to make sure your time isn't wasted driving from Iowa, but it appears that's not the case. I went out there from Chicago and it poured rain and the Cougars won big time, probably should've skipped that one haha. Fort Wayne was a fun place to watch a game at and that would probably be a much better game to watch, so I'd recommend going especially since you're closer FW. Should be fun the upcoming years watching SAU and SXU play on a consistent basis. Good Luck!